We take all reasonable precautions to ensure the protection of all such personal information. We use appropriate security measures to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of data used by our system.
What information do we collect?
We collect information from you when you visit or register on our site, purchase a service or product, subscribe to our newsletter, fill out a form or comment on a post or page. We may collect the following information:
- Name and contact information, including email address;
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests;
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers;
- E-mail addresses of visitors that communicate with us via e-mail;
- Information knowingly provided by you through our online forms, including registration forms, surveys, and/or other entries.
Additionally, this website uses various web analytics tools (such as Google Analytics) and other measurement tools to help analyze how users use the site.
We will never (and will not allow any third party) use the statistical analytics tool to track or to collect any personally identifiable information of visitors to our site. The Web Analytics vendors do not associate your IP address with any other data held by them. Neither we nor the Web Analytics Vendors will link, or seek to link, an IP address with the identity of a computer user. We will not associate any data gathered from this site with any personally identifying information from any source, unless you explicitly submit that information via a fill-in form on our website.
What do we use your information for?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To personalize your experience (your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs);
- To improve our website (we continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you);
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature;
- To send periodic emails;
- To evaluate visitors’ use of the website and to compile statistical reports on website activity for Layman Lab.
The email address you provide may be used to send you information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions.
How do we protect your information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you enter, submit, or access your personal information.
Yes. Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computer’s hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow) that enables the sites or service providers systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies by modifying the settings on your browser.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Third party links
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third-party products or services on our website, or affiliate links to other sites. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
California Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
We are in compliance with the requirements of COPPA (Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act), we do not collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age. Our website, products and services are all directed to people who are at least 13 years old or older.
Our Right to Contact You
Anti Spam Policy, Can-Spam Act Compliance
Layman Lab is committed to ensuring compliance with the Can-Spam Act, which took effect January 1, 2004. You may receive email from Layman Lab in the following circumstances:
- Thanking you for your valued business;
- Advertisements for our products, services, new product availability, free resources, changes in services;
- Correspondence to confirm a transaction and/or reminders of pending transactions;
- Updates/notifications generated by our products and services;
- Delivery of email newsletter subscriber incentives;
- Advertisements for third party products and services where we have determined that such product or service may be of interest to our customers.
To ensure compliance with the Can-Spam Act, Layman Lab has implemented the following guidelines for email delivery:
All emails sent to you by Layman Lab will clearly identify Layman Lab as the sender. FROM / SENDER: info@LaymanLab.com. NOTE: The actual sender may alter, but all from addresses will end with @LaymanLab.com).
Any marketing/promotional email from Layman Lab will include the ability to unsubscribe from future email messages. Unsubscribing will ensure the customer is removed from ALL marketing lists at Layman Lab; this excludes customer service emails regarding the processing and status of transactions, products and membership.
All emails sent to you directly by Layman Lab include a valid postal address information in the footer.
Terms and conditions
Please also visit our Terms and Conditions section establishing the use, disclaimers, and limitations of liability governing the use of our website, available here.